Createsque

Find me:

Monday Morning



By   Katherine Wilson      9:40 AM      Labels: , , ,  
{+}

Mondays. 
Just about everyone hates them, and I have been one of those day-haters myself. 
The day is really blah because you've just had a weekend of little/no work, maybe even a really good relaxing Sunday afternoon with a nap and some time with family, and then Monday you have to rouse yourself out of bed, get your life back together and set on 'go' by the time you go to work. Or classes.

I have a very rare, and much envied schedule here at EC.
I only have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Monday Wednesday Friday I only have rehearsals (which I do not consider 'classes') and work. Which means I don't have to get up on Monday mornings until 11:00.

A lot of people would sacrifice something semi-significant in their lives to have this schedule, but for an UNMORNING person like myself, this schedule presents a dilemma.I could sleep in, have a slow start to the week, and make the weekend last a little longer, or I could be responsible with my time.

It's an ever-lasting struggle for me to get up in the mornings and do something productive. Just the fact that I am blogging before 10:00 is pretty crazy! So motivation is the first thing on the list for using this morning well.

In Romans there is a whole section of how a true Christian can be recognized:

Let love be genuine.
Abhor what is evil;
hold fast to what is good.
Love one another with brotherly affection.
Outdo one another in showing honor.
Do not be slothful in zeal,
be fervent in spirit,
serve the Lord
Rejoice in hope,
be patient in tribulation,
be constant in prayer.
Contribute to the needs of the saints
and seek to show hospitality.
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.
Rejoice with those who rejoice,
weep with those who weep.
Live in harmony with one another.
Do not be haughty, 
but associate with the lowly.
Never be wise in your own sight.

{Romans 12:9-16}


This passage goes on forever, and touches on just about every aspect of relations with everyone you will meet in life. But notice what I bolded: Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit. We are slow to get out of bed yes, because sometimes we haven't had enough sleep. But what about those days where you wake up refreshed, but stay in bed like I do for another hour or so doing nothing but think about what you have to do? 

I can see where this is going to be a hard thing for me. I can always sleep in on Monday and go into rehearsal at noon with a sleepy-headed look on my face, little energy, and little preparation for the week ahead.

OR

I could:

Wake up
Read my Bible and a devotion
Pray
Exercise
Eat some breakfast! 
(I never eat this meal because I usually sleep through it, or don't have anything in the room to eat)
Do some reading for class
Run errands, check mail (I have to walk across campus for this) 
Any number of other little things that need to get done for the wedding.

Yeah. that looks like a good list!
Just waking up and getting the day going sooner helps me to feel motivated even more. I may be more tired at the end of the day, but it is a more satisfying kind of tired. The kind where you know you have done a lot of things in one day and haven't wasted three extra hours in bed that morning. 

So, I have a question for those of you new followers and my regulars who are so sweet to comment:

What are you zealous about? What gets you out of bed in the morning? The obligation of work and classes, or the desire to serve the Lord, grow in righteousness and love for others, and do His work?

Remember, Monday's child is fair of face. So put a smile on and know that I am praying for you all as you start your week! 

Now, to find my work out clothes, my choir folder, ...and a CLIF bar! 



About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

1 comment :

  1. I get out of bed during the week because I have to. LOL. But on the weekend, I get up because I feel terrible if I waste half my day sleeping! I'd rather wake up early and get things done and feel like I accomplished something on a free day that I couldn't get accomplished otherwise, than lay in bed and then be worried because I still have stuff to do! I think that's what God expects of us!

    ReplyDelete

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin