Createsque

Find me:

More little things...



By   Katherine Wilson      9:13 PM      Labels:  
My apologies for not coming up with some more little things, but I recently came across some fun jewelry DIY's on pinterest that I am excited to make! These are definitely considered 'little' and most definitely cheaper to make than buying ready-made things online, (or etsy! shh) 


I would imagine you can find the gold nut pieces at any hardware store in large quantities! 


{braided necklace}
This looks like an assortment of embroidery floss and a few strands of thin thread throughout. If you don't want to make it, you can find it on etsy here.

I really want to make these and give them to everyone I know! Such an awesome way to use up skeins of yarn from larger projects. I never know what to do with the last few yards or so, and I'm too cheap to toss it. (And pom poms just aren't as fun as this!)


{Wooden Bead Necklace}
This one doesn't have a source that is followable, but It's pretty easy to see what they did. Leather cord, and a package of wooden craft beads, paint a few some fun colors, and wear with anything! It looks like simple white pony beads were used in between. A little first-grade project never looked this awesome! (Would be great to make with your daughter/niece/sisters!)

These are from martha stewart, whom I don't believe does any real crafting on her own any more. I'm pretty sure she hires other crafty people to create things and then put her name to, but oh well. When you've got money...
But these look simple and cheap to make, and look at the cute card! Great favors/last minute little gifts to tuck in with a gift card or sweater.

SO
Tomorrow is Monday.
Go forth and gather your supplies throughout the week, and then Friday night or Saturday afternoon make yourself something fun!
(Or, if you're like me, you will stay up late to make these things even when you have to be at work the next day at 8!)










About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

2 comments :

  1. Oooh I do love that wooden necklace!

    Some people are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely needed to see that and wanted to see something like that. God is good. THANKS FOR SHARING GIRL!! ♥cheche

    p.s. the first is soooo cute and I will definitely be trying to make those for a fundraiser....

    ReplyDelete

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin