Createsque

Find me:

That little thing called graduation...



By   Katherine Wilson      11:03 AM       

The past twenty-four hours have just about done me in.
I do not handle unpleasant surprises well, especially after already being exhausted from a long Wednesday.
I dropped a class last week thinking I was good on hours to graduate. Turns out there was this whole complicated process of elective hours canceling out the extra hours I have in music ensemble hours.
So convoluted.
I received an e-mail yesterday afternoon during class saying because I dropped the class, I couldn't graduate.
I couldn't do anything about it last night because they sent the e-mail during class and when I got out, there wasn't anything I could do about it.
Thank goodness I didn't have my evening class last night, or I would have been sobbing in class!
(I hate crying in front of people. I won't even cry in front of T.W. if I can help it)
This morning I woke up with a stomach in knots, praying I could graduate without any problems. 
After lots of running around campus trying to find my advisor and the prof. for the class I needed to add on again, I am set for graduation May 14th. 

Thank the Lord!

There is nothing worse than hearing "You can't graduate" three months before graduation, and five months before getting married. In order to graduate this August I would have had to do an independent study, and pay for an extra summer class. (another $100 or so which would have made wedding payments even harder)

But God was looking out for me. I have a friend teaching a Rock climbing class who is willing to let me add the class if I absolutely need to get another hour in for some strange reason. 

The only thing with all of this is, I am now uber paranoid about graduating. I cringe every time I get an e-mail notification on my phone now, hoping it isn't the registrar saying "oh wait! I found another hour you're missing!" 

Uh-uh. No. Hoooo-boy you don't want to make me come in your office and karate kick your computer.

--------------------------------------

On another note,

I have 58 followers now! And I am so excited to have more people who comment and are so encouraging! I will be away from this college community soon where I receive encouragement face-to-face, and I am so glad  that when I am out in the real world, I will have you guys to bounce my thoughts off on, and be encouraged to get into my Bible for answers like you have been.

I can't tell you how much it means to get an e-mail saying I have a comment, and then to be encouraged in such a Godly way. You are all so sweet! I hope I am able to show my appreciation to you all in some little way. I don't have much time to read blogs, let alone write in my own, so here's hoping in the next few months you will be encouraged just as you have encouraged me!

Hebrews 10:24-2524 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

2 comments :

  1. AWW. YOUR such a sweet girl! I pray for your studies and for God to just continue to be God and Sovereign and help you through it every step of the way!! Love you and praying for you sister!

    ♥cheche

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so glad that it worked out for you and congrats on the followers! I LOVE logging in and seeing new followers too! Isn't it like drugs getting new comments in your email box? LOL. Our higher power works in mysterious ways but protective and wonderful ways (regarding school- I know this comment is a little ADD).

    ReplyDelete

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin