Createsque

Find me:

Junk is a Relative Term



By   Katherine Wilson      8:13 PM      Labels: , , , , , ,  
Thursday, T.W. and I went to the Mooresville NC area to get our marriage license.
Afterwards we went into a really neat antique store. These plates caught my eye, but my wallet wouldn't allow  for anything "frivolous." As just about everything in there was. Junk some might think, but to me it was all "me." I like worn, used, loved, and useful or just pretty things. Just not TONS of it. A few focal pieces like these plates on the wall in a room or bathroom are enough to give a person something to look at, but not enough to distract them.


I think T.W. secretly wanted these. They're men's cologne bottles in the shape of dueling pistols. Avon, now why don't you make these any more!? (Well, I'm kind of glad they don't. the cologne smelled awful)


Ever since I started watching American Pickers, I've kept my eye out for bigger vintage coke and other brand products. If I could do what those guys do for a year I think I'd be very happy. 



Now this is some junk I CAN'T handle.


My room is filled with college things, wedding gifts and crafting and clothes and books and papers and my wedding dress. Somehow my bed surfaces when I need to go to bed, but otherwise I try to avoid being in here as much as possible. Thank GOODNESS T.W. moves into the apartment this week so I can start moving my stuff out of here. I need some clean area for my sanity these next couple weeks!

Oh, and the person who's counting says it's 18.2 days.
Freak out commences.





About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

3 comments :

  1. AH! SO close! :)

    where in mooresville is that antique store? nate and i LOVE going to any antique store/mall we can find and that one looks worth visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's right down town, not on mainstreet, but the next street over across the railroad tracks. I think it was called tellulah's. I wish I could find my receipt to double check for you! But it's not hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i know where you're talking about! nate works up in mooresville and we've gone up there to walk around downtown once or twice. next time we visit we'll have to go in. thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin