Createsque

Find me:

A Taste of Reality



By   Katherine Wilson      7:45 PM      Labels: , , , ,  

     
I think in years to come when I look back on 2011 I will tag it as the year I tasted and had to bite down and then chew and somehow swallow reality. I'm still in the tasting stages at this point, but its getting to the chewing stage. I graduated college in May, basically planned a wedding in two months, got married in July, and now am sending my resume to anything and everything out there. The constant questions are: "How's married life" "Have you found a job yet?" Thankfully the pressures are not so terrible that T.W. and I will go completely under if I don't find a job tomorrow, but it would put both of us so much more at ease about our situation if I found something. I look at my resume and think of what employers would see as inexperience, and quickly toss it to the recycling bin. SOMEONE HIRE ME!!! I cry inside. Married life is wonderful, but really sucky when you only have so many square feet of apartment to clean and straighten. Its getting to the point where T.W. can't find something in the same place because I move things around so much! 

In all of this contemplation and waiting and praying (which I do not do enough of unfortunately) I recently realized. I have grown up. All these years thinking about what I want to do when I grow up... well... its here! I remember in my elementary years I wanted to be an archaeologist. Yup. Little me was obsessed with ancient Egypt and mummies. I still am! I just don't see that avenue of a career opening up any time soon. "Oh, T.W. Dear, you stay in seminary here, I'm going off to Greece to the dig!" Nope. Not happening.

I have recently thought of (from the encouragement of T.W.) building up a portfolio and getting really good at blog design and CSS. I even checked a book out at the library about it! How special is that? I secretly dream of a job I could do from home, but that links me to other people where I wouldn't be confined to the four walls of a home office all of the time, but also networked with hundreds of other people like me. I drool over blogs like Oh Hello Friend, You are Loved, and The Flowerchild Dwelling  and wonder how in the world they got to have so many followers in what looks like just a few years! I'm bound and determined to make this an outlet of my creativity, even while waiting for a job where I just answer phones. Any job is worth it as long as it pays the bills for internet! 

Oh and there is still that desire to start an etsy shop.

So with all of this swimming around in the creative juices of my brain (eew) I invite you to see what happens. And to pray that I find a job soon so I don't go mad with the sitting! 

Here's a video to entertain you:
Beet Cake. 
I have never had it, but this video makes me want some!


About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

1 comment :

  1. Thinking of you and praying for you. And reminding you that while "grown up" life is not easy and can cause you to run through a gamut of emotions, God will provide.

    You've got some pretty awesome goals there that are definitely worth pursuing! :)

    ReplyDelete

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin