Createsque

Find me:

Internet and empanadas.



By   Katherine Wilson      5:39 PM       

What's cookin' good lookin'?


Hello everyone! I'm back! And I should be much more regular from now on.
WE HAVE INTERNET! 
(it was worth the caps, please forgive the text-screaming)
These delicious looking pouches are homemade empanadas from last week. And guess what? We're eating them again with NO work on my part this week! They are currently sizzling away in the oven, and if you would like your own amazing empanadas sitting in your oven sometime this week and again next week, or even the next with no prep at all, click over here to joelen's blog for the recipe. It was pretty easy, just a healthy amount of prep work. I would suggest making this friends in a large kitchen so the prep work is more fun and shorter. 

Oh, and because it's extremely hard to find empanada dough, I made my own, so that made it harder and longer. Haha 
Here's the recipe I used for that as well over from about.com of all places! The dough was super easy and rolled out very easily. 

*Suggestion for assembling the pouches:
- make sure after you roll the dough out into circles that you dip your finger in cold water and run it around the entire edge of the flat totillia shaped dough. This will seal the empanada better and keep the pouch from un-crimping in the oven. I didn't do it for one, and the thought occurred to me to do it for all the other ones and they didn't pop open like the first one. 

The rice was an attempt at being like quodoba's rice with some lime and cilantro, but it didn't really taste like either when it came out of the pot. It was lighter tasting, but just not as zesty or tasty as T.W. and I would have liked it. Maybe more lime next time and skip the cilantro...

Oh well, enjoy!
-Kate

About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

No comments :

Post a Comment

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin