Createsque

Find me:

Mrs. Jones, I want your skirt!



By   Katherine Wilson      12:04 PM       
So having a job at a high end mall has a few perks. Getting to look in J.Crew whenever I want... touching real leather, spending way too much time in anthropologie and having to walk all the way across the mall at a power walk (in heels) to get back to work on time, and drooling over dresses in Banana Republic styled after Mad Men dresses. But it kind of sucks. 

Pinterest, and shopping online is removed from your real senses. You can't touch that cute top, or see the upclose detail of that handpainted mug from anthro. And that's ok! I can tear myself away, quench the desire for things when they aren't in front of me. But working in a department store, and in a really nice mall where your favorite store resides and is only a few steps away (one of them in SIGHT of where I stand for 7 hours every day) has presented new temptations and frustrations. 

I'm having to expand my professional wardrobe. No more cutesy-college-comfy clothes all day. Now its "will this look nice enough for work?" questions every day directed at T.W. who responds with a shrug and says "I have no fashion sense love... I don't know..." Yeah, and of course all of these well dressed people have to walk in front of me while I'm wearing a $10 target sweater and a pair of yellow cords that got lots of compliments, but just don't look work appropriate. HELP! So last night I went online in search of things I wouldn't be tempted to buy right away and found some options, but now that I look at them, they're still plain, not so exciting, and I don't even know if they're "me". I'm in need of a grown up fashion-redo, but I'm poor...
So poor, I went to goodwill and bought a wool skirt and a white blouse so I would have something other than sun dresses from this summer to wear. 

Yup, I need help.


(please note the terrible photoshop job on these shirt models.) 
red shirt                                                            the skirt 
the skirt                                                       the dress

H&M actually has some nice things for cheap, but guess what?
The only store in NC is in Raleigh, and you can't order from them online.
Yeah. 
Anyone up for a trip to Raleigh?

More on the desire to keep up with the jones' later. There is some real content to sink your teeth into coming! I promise! I don't complain about my wardrobe for no reason. :)


About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

4 comments :

  1. are you working at south park?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup! loads of fun! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah to be able to wear something other than 'Grey is the new Black' corporate wear. I throw in my own blouses every now and then, bought on the cheap from Target which are basically the uniform but not with a logo. I miss colours :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. i bet it is! i could spend a week in that place and still not see everything! i LOVE the belk there. it's my absolute favorite one.

    ReplyDelete

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin