Createsque

Find me:

Boutineer Tutorial



By   Katherine Wilson      12:50 PM      Labels: , , , , , ,  

At long last I have the time and the pictures of the finished product to share with you all! I made all the boutineers for my wedding, and the pictures are from the first experimental one. I'm wearing one that the boys left behind, either on purpose, or by accident I'm not sure, but I'm glad I had one because I don't have any pictures of the finished product when I was done experimenting! Here are the pictures along the way, and a link to the tutorial for the flower part which I found elsewhere.



You will need:



 You will also need a glue gun and glue for assembling later. (not pictured here)


1. Draw and cut a freehand leaf. I used a rose leave as a guide from a mock wedding bouquet I made. Trace onto something stiff, but not too thick. Cardstock works best. Trace onto fabric with a pencil and cut two for each boutineer. This gives the leaf more substance and will help it stand up straight when pinned.


2. Use your thread spool to trace 6 circles. Then assemble a flower with the directions from here. The size of the circles you trace will determine the size of your flower. Also, the more circles you use in the flower, the fuller it will look.


3. Cut a few sprigs and play with the arrangement before you go to the next step.


4. Pin the two leaves together at the top and the bottom with long quilt pins and sew them together first around the edge to solidify the shape. Then sew the vein pattern in the middle any way you wish. I used two colors of thread, one green on top, and one yellow on bottom to give the leaf more color dimension. Play with the thread tension to bring the bottom thread up more for the mottled look.


5. Pinch the bottom of the leaf and glue in place with hot glue. While the glue is still wet slide the sprigs in and hold until the glue has set. Then glue the flower pom pom on top. Pin in place with a quilt pin or a boutineer pin found at any craft store in the wedding decor area. 

Enjoy! I am wearing mine as a little corsage pin today. 
Honeymoon pictures are coming later! 

Love,
McWilson

About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

1 comment :

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin