Createsque

Find me:

Mouthwash



By   Katherine Wilson      12:42 PM      Labels: , , ,  





     Lately my mind has had an itch for history. It comes in phases, just like my current 60's fashion phase, or my co-existent urge to knit any and every knitting pattern I come across. I think it is the plague of artistic minds, to be so interested in so many things that it is impossible to maintain them all at once. I came across this quote from Abigail (whom I fancy I could have called Abby if we were dearest friends way back then) and could not resist. It could be taken in so many different ways, and unfortunately I didnt' write down the surrounding context when I pulled this from another book about Abigail this summer.
      I think for this time in my life I could say these same words with some apprehension and worry. My current job (in my mind) is something I would very much like to exchange for another in the next year, and the whole subject of T.W.'s seminary career coming back into the mix next year makes me want to cling to him any second we get to see each other. Unfortunately, the holiday season sucks when two spouses work in retail. We are at the mercy of our employers and the hours our respective stores keep.
     So. I think now is the time to find some solidity. Something to keep me grounded at least until January 1st, and then I can go from there. A refocus moment.
     T.W. and I are doing memory verses for each week from Isaiah 9. Here's the first verse:

Isaiah 9:1
But there will be no gloom for her who was in anguish.
In the former time He brought into contempt the land Zebulun and the land of Naphtali.
But in the later time, He has made glorious the way of the sea, 
the land beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the nations.

A verse of hope! 
I think that is what we all need to be reminded of, and me especially right now. There is a hope beyond this world, even when our minds run wild with the what-ifs and worries of the future. 

About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

1 comment :

  1. LOVING this post!!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin