Createsque

Find me:

Scones



By   Katherine Wilson      10:14 PM      Labels: , , , , ,  


This week I made not one, but TWO batches of this yummy seasonal breafast/tea bread.
The recipe came from the Joy of Baking, but I didn't put the raisins and nuts in it. I also didn't have ginger, so I substituted it with nutmeg and it was quite a delicious substitution if I do say so myself!



Now, by themselves they look a little sad. Last year my family made some scones and we made a wonderful discovery. Trader Joe's has a seasonal apple butter.
Cranberry apple butter.
Put some on your pumpkin scone....



And it tastes like a thanksgiving party in your mouth. 
No really. 
Go try it. It's amazing. If you don't have a Trader Joe's near you... I'll lament your loss with you and offer to mail you a jar for a small fee. :)

T.W. just saw my photo of the scones... I have a feeling I will have to make another few batches before we've had our fill of yummy pumpkin-ness.



About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

1 comment :

  1. one of the best things about this time of year is all the pumpkin goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin