Createsque

Find me:

New beginnings



By   Katherine Wilson      10:35 PM       
image from Nickeh Smith|image edited in pixlr| gif from gifninja| L.M.Montgomery quote



Hello my friends!
The new year has come, and I know so many people have recapped their lives via the blogosphere that you may be groaning "Oh no...not another 'this is your life' post!" Well, I will just hit the highlights. ;) 

January: 
Took the month off of school since I had all the credits I needed for college Jterm. Spent most of the time wedding planning and buying my wedding dress. 

February:
School, a valentines day spent without my fiancee at the time, T.W. He was in Charlotte at seminary taking really hard classes and calling me every night after he got off work at Dunkin Donuts. It was such a hard time to be apart, but the phone conversations really helped us learn how to communicate and appreciate the little time we had together about every 5 weeks or so.

March-April: 
Kind of a blur, school, missing T.W. and doing things with friends for the last time. We were all so nostalgic towards the end!
My college roommate threw me a wonderful wedding shower, and most of my bridesmaids were able to attend so that was wonderful! 

May:
GRADUATION. Oh wait, a car accident two days before. My first, and I pray my last. No one was hurt, including the deer that ran out in front of me... BUT T.W.'s car didn't make it. Poor FDR bit the dust. 
(literally) and T.W. was carless right before his first of seminary exams. I felt SO terrible.
- I was in a friends wedding the week after graduation. We had so much fun. 
- Met and started working with my now dear dear friend and almost adopted Grandmother, Grace. She kept me sane in all the wedding planning and paid me to put books online which in turn allowed for more wedding plans to take place. Without her I don't know what our wedding would have been like. 


June: 
Wedding plans,  stressing out, and LOTS of crafting.

July: 
The first two weeks were crazy. Absolutely crazy. Last minute planning, packing and moving stuff into the apartment, just wanting some alone time with T.W. and not having enough of it. 
16th: WEDDING DAY. Enough said!
The honeymoon made of stuff from the movies took place. We were so grossly unprepared for a night camping midweek, and underfunded for other things... it is only beginning to be comical. It was great, however, to get out of town, see the mountains, and be alone with the love of my life and now-partner through the thick and thin. I will have to post pictures soon. I really will... It will be a 6 month anniversary post I think. 

(now notice the lack of pictures because life gets a little more boring...)
August:
Job hunting. Finally got a job at a nearby mall. 
Began a new blog, poppyWren, and began blogging about the same stuff I always have. Random stuff.
September:
Getting used to the job, settling in, getting used to married life
October:
More work, nondescript normal events
November:
Put up the Christmas tree before Thanksgiving.
Work, a thanksgiving spent at my parents and then on the side of the road with a dead vehicle.
First black Friday experience at work, crazy holiday hours began. 
December:
Work, lots of chocolate covered espresso beans, and some holiday stress I've never experienced.
A wonderful Christmas morning with my hubby, the rest of the day spent visiting every family member we could have possibly visited, but not until a meaningful church service. It really was special to be in church on Christmas day, even for all the difficulty it caused in logistics. 


And now here we are in 2012.
I hope to be better at blogging, to maybe even start a successful etsy shop, and to find new friends to start this new phase of life with T.W. and I. We miss getting together with people our own age so much I have started looking into groups online for people in our area. I pray that my relationship with the Lord grows and deepens, and in turn that my relationship with T.W. makes us even more inseparable and in love. I plan on knitting a ton more, sewing some dresses for myself, and making our apartment the epitome of organization and comfort. 

I hope you all have a blessed new year!
Love,
Kate


About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

3 comments :

  1. Umm. Got married on the same day... started our blogs in August. ARE YOU ME?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! That is too amazing and neat! We of course need to become great friends because of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic recap. I love seeing a person's progression through a year in their life. I felt like a little birdie on your shoulder :) Thanks for sharing and great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin