Createsque

Find me:

Subconscious Cyber Selfishness



By   Katherine Wilson      10:59 PM       

tea stained papers signatures

Don't you love the feeling of having a new notebook or journal?  All of the pages are clean and unmarked, ready for your thoughts, notes and memories to be put down into legible (or not so legible) words. You can go back and read them to your hearts content, leafing through the past with your present state of mind analyzing what you thought and wondered, feared and wished. I've been doing a lot of analyzing lately; mainly of my reasons for blogging and what I want this blog to turn into. I'm pretty sure most of my reasons are shallow and selfish. As I sat talking to a dear friend this evening I gushed: 
"I'd love to expand my readership and be a prominent blogger, and have an etsy shop, 
and save money and go to the alt conference some day and wear really cute clothes 
and hang out with all of the other artistic and awesome gals who go to that conference!"  
But then I remembered reading the blog entries of some very down to earth ladies who let their faith soak through the words on their blogs and permeate their whole website. I would much rather write about the things that are of substance than put pictures up of expensive outfits and decor. Yet I feel this pressure to be just like all of the bloggers with 1,000+ followers who post exactly that. The things of this world. 

This blog at the moment is a little half-baked as I haven't had enough time to devote a fully thought out design and organized interface, so please have patience with me! I'll have a new look that's easy for you to navigate soon. I promise. I have my old blog switched over to act as my test blog now, and I'm in the midst of creating something that is totally 'me'. 
Do you ever feel the pressure to blog like everyone else?
Do you feel that twinge of jealousy when you see a really cute and successful blog?
Am I the only one who suffers from subconscious cyber peer-pressure?

About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

2 comments :

  1. LOVE. These new blog layout designs of yours!OMG. You are so talented and have such a good "eye" for it!

    I'm crazy about the crisp fresh pages of a journal ready to be written in. So much so I have quite a collection and have not quite caught up to using them all. I could really collect them, though. I wonder if there are such things as journal collectors...heehee

    It can be tough to compare one's own blog to those 1000+ or even couple hundred mark blogs. They are like those illusive, ever popular people in highschool that one can never quite catch up to :))

    But alas, the goal I am coming to believe is not necessarily the number (although that can be encouraging) but instead to have faithful followers even if it only be a few, that come back often, that you speak into their lives, and cheer up 10 minutes of their day with blog loveliness, then to have droves of followers who happen upon your site once or twice and "like" but don't necessarily come back.

    My thoughts anyhow :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... mmmm. Notebooks YES!!! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. :) Your's looks wonderful can't wait to read more.

    http://girlafterhisheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin