Createsque

Find me:

Pushin' books?



By   Katherine Wilson      10:07 AM       
[Music Library, Readers.]
{photo from nypl digital archive online}

How d'ye do everyone? Have you had a good week? I know there are still a couple of days left in it, so if you had a less-than stellar week I hope you can redeem it with some weekend fun or relaxation. It looks like our balmy 70 degree weather is about to give way to a storm and some colder weather this weekend, so I don't think I mind too much that I will be inside working for 90% of it. 

Speaking of work, I can't WAIT until Monday. No, I don't have the day off, no, I don't have a shorter work day. In fact I don't get another day off until next wednesday, but I hope to be hearing back from some library job applications I put in this week. The last day for applying is tomorrow, so hopefully by monday or tuesday I will get some calls. I hope to get an interview because of my experience in library work. Oh, about six years or more. I have been praying so hard and so distracted about this possibility for four days now, ever since I applied and took my resume in to the branch where I hope to maybe work. I just cannot take working in sales any more. This quote from a friend's status update sums up my thoughts exactly:


In the working world, you'll always hear people complaining about their jobs. And then there are those who will say, "There are so many people without work, I'm just grateful to be getting a paycheck." While this, of course, is true to a large extent, at what point do we stop settling for bad hours, low pay, and a poor work environment because it's better than nothing? At what point do we say, there may be people who are worse off than me, but by golly, I can do better than this. I'm not going to settle anymore.

Wallowing self pity is no way to act. But I do believe that doing everything you can possibly do to change your position and lots of prayer and relying on the Lord for His will and timing is better than remaining in a situation where you cannot take it any more. For some reason it makes you feel better when you are actively doing something about it. Even though I am still having to sit in a panera for three hours before work and I won't get home until 9:30, I don't feel so terrible about it because I know that there could be a change soon, if the Lord wants it. 

Well,  I may have to dodge some raindrops soon, so have a lovely Friday night!


About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

1 comment :

  1. Ohhh I hope, hope, hope and pray that you get this new job. How amazing it must be to work in a library surrounded by books. I can't imagine!

    I love that quote you added. I had never thought of it like that and have always heard the old argument about just being happy one has a job. But golly gee. Why settle if we don't have to? I am sick of settling!

    ReplyDelete

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin