Createsque

Find me:

The badge in which you learn how to be all business like!



By   Katherine Wilson      10:18 PM      Labels: , , ,  




It has taken me a while to narrow down which badge to do first! I finally chose the Business Woman. This one was stared in the book as a badge that a first class scout or at least a girl of 16 should pursue, mostly due to the knowledge of language skills and mathematic skills needed to pass the test. I don't know about you all but my math skills have declined since my last stats class four years ago. 

Anyway, I'm going to break this badge into two parts, the first for note taking and typing skills, and the next for the money and accounting requirements. The book does not break the requirements up logically or in any order, so I'll be making my own sense of it. Here we go!



I found a website that has recordings specifically for dictation. I would suggest you either do the dictation by typing if you do not know shorthand. I haven't ever learned it, and while I was good about taking notes almost word for word in college I haven't been practicing lately. Typing is faster any way. 

Remember, you only have to do a paragraph!

If you want to copy a quote from your favorite book or poem, try librivox. Poems are easier to copy as they are usually read more slowly, and with some amount of rhythm. 



This part is fun, and to challenge you, my average was 74.3 wpm. You can test yourself here: http://www.calculatorcat.com/typing_test/



This part is a little hard to find much use for. I am sure you all reasonable memory recall when it comes to relating information, but it would be fun to use this as a blog post or letter subject challenge. Write about something that you experienced or watched during the week with a reasonable amount of detail. If you watched something on the news, or an obscure movie and want to give a recap either would work. I myself am probably going to find some video or documentary that conveys some interesting tidbit of information and then write a short "letter" or blog entry about it. It will be something fun, like crafting. Don't feel like you have to stress out about it. This is supposed to be fun remember? I'm pretty sure we do something along these lines every day, we just don't realize it! 

Alrighty, now go complete these and brag about your accomplishments in the comments of this post. 

Ready, set, TYPE! 

About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

1 comment :

  1. Woot, 83WPM. Go me, clearly I am not being paid enough! I'm sure I can go quicker when I get going.
    Brag ended.
    I work for an accountant and my math skills are miserable. I rely on excel and calculators far too much!
    I also have to do at least once a week dictaphone work, my boss sometimes falls asleep which is hilarious to listen too! I know my proofreading notations which I've found the older business men only use these days. The young ones just write what they want!

    ReplyDelete

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin