Createsque

Find me:

Widow



By   Katherine Wilson      11:22 PM       
{From Calsidyrose}
 I am a widow. A seminary widow as a matter of fact. For the next month I will mourn the loss of my husband to the mire of papers and exams as he finishes his semester. What little time we sometimes have together will consist of T.W. reading and writing, and me wasting time on pinterest. In an effort to actually do something with my time I decided for the third or fourth time (I can't remember which) to read in its entirety, Anna Karenina. I have tried and failed at least a couple of times, once carting the thing around with me all summer while working as a camp counselor. Stupid idea. I didn't pick it up once! Last summer I tried reading it again in the middle of planning our wedding. Ha. Imbecile. I seem to be an expert at wishful thinking! Here I am again, but in a more state of life hoping to get through all 700 odd pages in 30 days. This thing has been on my to-read list for so long I really think its about time to knock it out and be done with it. Plus, the fact that a new movie version of it is coming out later this year only makes it mandatory for me to finish this and then see the movie for historical accuracy, as well as staying true to the book. I am fearful of the return of Keira Knightly with a tried and true actor like Jude Law, but we shall see... we shall see... Perhaps Matthew Macfadyan will save the whole thing. 

What books have you been meaning to read and never have, or tried and failed at finishing? 

  

About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

4 comments :

  1. Oh, I've tried and failed to read Anna Karenina several times too! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I had no idea there was a movie coming out though, maybe that'll motivate me to finally get it read too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! We can join the ranks of well-read people if we get it done! haha

      Delete
  2. I've tried to read that book three or four times, as well! I think it'd be fantastic...if I can ever get through it. It's in my pile of books for this summer. We'll see if I ever get to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just now reached the point where I always give up, so we shall see if I can make it!

      Delete

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin