Createsque

Find me:

ER SORGT



By   Katherine Wilson      11:59 AM      Labels: , , , , , ,  

Hello all! How has your week been? Mine has been a little rocky, hence the lack of posts this week. I'll explain and use this as a little exercise in remaining optimistic when anxiety kicks in. 

If you don't know any German, I don't blame you. The verse reference is super easy to figure out though, so I thought it was worth using. 

1 Peter 5:7
...casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Basically this week I have been schooled. 
I went from working in a very simple, medium stress work environment to a place where the learning curve is huge, staying on top of things is absolutely crucial, and the stress is significantly higher. 

Now certain stresses I have learned to deal with. Deadlines, school work, time constraints, or just working at a high pace... I can get used to all that. But if I don't know what the heck I'm doing, you get one flustered and emotionally unstable gal.

Transitions are hard, and we tend as humans to fear the unknown. We think that knowing what will happen in the future will help us deal with things in the present. Our impatience could be curbed, or our anxieties calmed. When really... it won't help. 

Here is the context of the verse:

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kind of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. 
(1 Peter 5 :6-9)

Lack of faith gives satan an open door. Fear of the future and the troubles we will face is what the deceiver wants. Fear of MAN is what he wants. Even counteracting anxiety and trying to do things under our own power or self-motivational strength won't work! All of this fear and anxiety can draw us away from the source of peace, Christ. So stop it! 
Pray!
Humble yourself, and give all of these things over to God.
Resist the temptation to fear and stall out when problems come up. 
I know I need to remember this in the coming weeks as I learn this new job, and I'm sure you all might find some way of applying these verses to your week as well. 





About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

No comments :

Post a Comment

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin