Createsque

Find me:

Newlywed



By   Katherine Wilson      12:07 PM      Labels: , , , , , ,  


Back in July we celebrated our one year anniversary, but really I consider us to be newlyweds still. I probably will until our first child, whenever that is... or until we get to 3 years. People all last year asked us how married life was and I never had a good answer besides "It's good!" 
Now after a year being a wife and especially a seminary student's wife on a tight budget I have some stories to share. 

1) Beauty or Comfort?  I used to shave every other day, sometimes every day in the summer to keep my legs looking smooth and attractive. Now... it's no longer about what others find acceptable... it's whatever length of time I can put up with stubble until it drives me crazy. The longest time: four days... (thank goodness for maxi skirts!) I'll keep you posted once winter comes.

2) HONEY! I have begged TW to take out the trash multiple times in one day, reminding me of some Blondie cartoon or a 1950's housewife commercial.

3) The Inconsistent Cook: Some days I feel like cooking a great healthy meal like salmon burgers. Other days, we eat cornbread for dinner. Our go-to is angel hair pasta with either canned or frozen chicken and canned alfredo sauce. I am pretty sure TW ate Ramen for dinner the other night while I was out with friends, so the old college staple hasn't disappeared yet! 

4) Impulse buying?  I have another conscience in my head when I go to the store. "Will TW kill me if I get this?" Most of the time the answer is no, when regards to food. When clothing is in question, it usually gets put back on the rack. Gone are the days of impulse buys, and honestly, I'm ok with that! 

5) What's yours is (sometimes) mine.  My Dove brand shampoo (bought with a coupon!) started running low quickly, and I could not understand why. I finally asked TW if he had been using it, and he admitted to using it after running out of his own. We have since started sharing body wash, face wash, and toothpaste. I refuse to share a toothbrush, hairbrush, or shampoo. I promptly went out and bought him some "man shampoo" so my "girl shampoo" would survive til the next paycheck. It has been nice though, to not worry about your makeup, hairspray, perfume or other specifically female products getting used up by sisters. Cheers for men! They don't have to be pretty.

6) Smelly truth. I now base 'dirty' clothing on how bad it smells, not how many times I have worn it... all to save money and detergent. We have no washer and dryer, so a load of laundry costs $3 to wash and dry. Yup. Those pants can be worn again! 

7) Dirty Mouth?  I get more excited about cleaning (certain) things. TW's toothbrush broke, and he told me about it. I immediately got excited to finally have something to scrub our tub's grout with. Maybe a little too excited. I grabbed it, scrubbed away, put it with the other cleaning supplies and forgot to buy him a new one. He had to go out and buy a new one the next day, but we had a mildew-free shower! Sorry honey, I sacrificed your breath for a clean shower! 





About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

2 comments :

  1. I love love love these!!! It sounds like you have a great sense of humor together and that is so so important:)

    Happy belated Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha this is a cute post! I am all over that laundry thing.. I totally agree!

    Just found your cute blog on the hop, I am your newest follower! Would love for you to stop by and follow along if you'd like :)

    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin