Createsque

Find me:

Join the Joy!



By   Katherine Wilson      1:33 PM      Labels: , , ,  

Enter my favorite holiday of the year. 
I so enjoy putting up the tree and decorations. 
Making creations both edible and gift-able and trying to make sure the Christmas tree doesn't dry out before the new year is out. 

I know tons of bloggers are starting to list what they are looking forward to, what they plan to make, what they think is the best way to enjoy the holidays, whether it be buying as many peppermint mochas as they can before they disappear off menus for another year, or what to do to avoid the holiday stress.
Books have been written on how to experience joy in the little traditions and big alike. 

But I challenge you to look for true joy. The kind that lasts your entire life.
Lately I have realized that I do not let myself experience joy. I am really a very pessimistic, Debbie Downer most of the time because I always think there is a catch. I'll have joy for a minute and something will happen to take it away. Well, yeah! Because I try to find joy or happiness in things that do not last! That is all Christmas is for some people. Things. Giving, getting, sharing, eating, buying things. Things can be taken away! 

I have the greatest thing I could ever need or want, and I hope you all know what I mean! 
If not, I hope your curiosity will get the better of you and that you will join me in reading some kind of Christmas reading plan.

Youversion has a lot to choose from and you can set reminders to set aside time each day in the coming month to read. I use mine on my ipod, but it's available for kindle as well! 

Come on, join the joy!




About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

1 comment :

  1. I love all the "trimmings" that go along with this time of year as well, but you are so right...we already have the greatest, most amazing gift ever that keeps on giving, and giving, through us and in us every day of the year :) I am reading an amazingly encouraging book like I have never read anything quite like it before entitled - Destined to Reign by joseph prince and it is like opening my eyes to so much stuff I believed in error over the years about Jesus and myself and grace and the revelation of it all is like a gift as well...I think our attitude is huge, how we choose to look at things can change everything. Just remembering that Christ is IN us spending His life THROUGH us, enjoying the earth he created through our eyes and the experiences we have..it's a pretty cool thought :) I wish you much joy in this season and continuing throughout the new year...it's already yours, just "jump in" and receive it! :)))

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin