Createsque

Find me:

Building a Business!



By   Katherine Wilson      1:59 PM      Labels: , , , , ,  

T.W. and I are in the neatest Starbucks in Charlotte right now (east blvd. Come visit!) in an endeavor for him to get some work done, and for me to dive into these books I just checked out this week. 

The Handmade Marketplace by Kari Chapin
and Creative, Inc. by Mateo Ilasco

I am starting something new and kind of scary. My own online business. I hope to have it up and running in the next few months, (though don't hold me to that deadline!) I set some short term goals and have some long term goals in mind. Ultimately, I would like to begin moving toward a supplemental income that could later turn into a full-time, work from home job. Due to the fact T.W. is studying to become a pastor some day, we have no idea where we could end up after he graduates. We could be in the same town, or two hours away, or a state or two away! I love my current job, but it is with a financial institution which is relatively local. There is also no guarantee I would be able to transfer to another location even if we moved to a place where there is a branch of my institution! 

Here is where having a mobile business comes in handy. All you need for an etsy business these days is internet access, some gumption, some financial smarts and a post office. I'm pretty sure I can have internet and the post office anywhere I go, so right now I'm building up my know-how! 

I have a few more books coming in the library queue soon, and I can't wait to read the heck out of them! I also have an amazon gift-card eating a hole in my pocket, so some more books may be coming in the mail. 

It's funny how right now I am reading about branding, and the Blog Brunch topic this month was blog branding! Have a look and see what the peeps over at BB talked about last week. I was a slacker and forgot to join them. 
To me, I always thought it was about having a logo and a uniform color scheme, but it's so much more! It's an aesthetic, and a lifestyle that you portray and use to connect with potential buyers. So much to learn! 

Back to the books! Have a lovely weekend everyone! 

adios! 
Kate



About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

1 comment :

  1. Good for you girly, I think it is an awesomely inspiring step to start a business and I think whatever you decide to craft-if judging by your cool blog designs- it will be pure loveliness.

    Reading up on relevant info is a great way to help get you in the right direction--speaking from experience--I can never get enough of good reference materials...course there's always that scary, OMG moment when you have to put the book down and dive in and get yourself out there that brings on sheer terror and yet at the same time, a HUGE sense of accomplishment.

    Good luck with everything, I'm excited to see what you'll be doing! :)
    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin