Createsque

Find me:

Liebster Award!



By   Katherine Wilson      7:01 PM      Labels: , , ,  



I got the sweetest surprise in my g-mail inbox this morning! Jamey over at Simply Animated  nominated me for the Liebster award, which is given to up and coming blogs with about 200 followers. The word Liebster is German. The cool thing about the german language is they often have words that sum up multiple meanings. In this case, liebster is dearest, my favorite, my dear. In any case, it is such an honor to be thought of as one of Jamey's 11 choices!

Here's what I have to do:



1. List 11 things about me
2. Answer 11 questions from Jamey.
3. Choose my own 11 people to be my liebste
4. Notify my nominees about their Liebster status! 


So here goes:

1.   T.W. and I went camping one night on our honeymoon! We really roughed it, and brought very little with us, but were rewarded with a beautiful sunset and sunrise to watch. I think years from now we'll look back on it and cherish it as a really neat memory from our honeymoon.

2.  For the first year and a half of our marriage we had no t.v. We would watch netflix and rent redbox. Now,  even with a t.v. we just watch the basic channels. I actually kind of miss the days without t.v. Who knows! Maybe we'll get rid of it again someday. I had way more motivation to read or blog without it!

3.   My favorite Easter candy is the Cadbury cream eggs... I will be buying them in bulk this weekend. Hey! they only come once a year! 

4.   I wish I lived in the U.K. Mainly because BBC television is just ten times better. They produce all of my favorite costume dramas, and my favorite scifi t.v. show of all time. Dr. WHO!

5.   I studied history in college and thought I might do historic preservation. Turns out I got married instead and am working full time at a credit union. It's ok though. History is a passion, and who knows. Maybe I can get into some reenacting some day. 

6.  I live with books. Everywhere. As in, every shelf is full of books. No room for nick-knacks. One case is even double row shelved. Tom's theology books, my history books, my novels and classics, some random old books I only possess because their covers were tantalizingly antique... Yup. We're bookworms! 

7.  The Appalachian mountains feel more like home to me than any other place I have lived, and I have never actually lived in the mountains. When I drive up it feels as if the mountains are wrapping me in, insulating me from the world below, and refreshing me with their views and wonderful smell. No where else has held the same charm and mystery for me. Well, maybe T.W.... maybe. 

8.  I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Delish.

9.  I have the same birthday as Annie Oakley and Alfred Hitchcock. 

10.  I play the flute, penny whistle, and sing. If I could learn a new instrument I would pick either the cello or (for a more portable less beast-sized choice) the fiddle/violin. I would love to be able to play old celtic and bluegrass music on the fiddle! 

11.   So nerd confession: I was obsessed with Lord of the Rings when it came out (LotR for you who were with me) and even made an elven name for myself. Linedhel. One of my friends still calls me Lin as a nickname because of it. I won't tell you how many hours I spent writing little fanfictions etc... I should probably try to tap into that writing fervor again and try my hand at some fiction, but I haven't found the time since. 

---------------------------------------
And now for Jamey's questions!

1. If you were dunked in a vat of toxic waste, what super power would you most likely gain?
Invisibility - or maybe some super sense of telepathy. I have been pretty good at reading situations and getting vibes that were pretty accurate, so maybe those senses would intensify. 

What is your favorite item in your closet?
My two pairs of jelly flats from J.Crew in bright red and neon peach. I wear them all the time, and haven't gotten tired of them! 

If you has twins, what would you name them?
Two girls: Lydia and Caroline, 
Two boys: Gresham and Thomas. 
Of course, if it were a boy and a girl, I would just have to choose two of these four! 


Biggest fear?
Drowning. Specifically falling off a bridge over water in a car, and being trapped in a car in water. 

If you were an Olympian, what would be your event?
Hmm... Mabye archery? I have never been the most athletic. 

Least favorite food?
Frozen green peas or canned green peas. I love them fresh, right off the vine. Otherwise I detest them!

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you take root & why?
Somewhere in the mountains. (see above) I feel the most at home there, and love the way seasons are so much more pretty in the mountains. I would never get tired of it!

Who is your female actress crush?
Audrey Hepburn. She's classy, sophisticated, and quirky! And a brunette. Go us!

Least favorite household chore?
Doing the dishes. Food leftovers and dirty plates with people's ... ugh. So gross....

What is the most attractive quality about your significant other (or imaginary lover for the singles)?
T.W.'s eyes. His passion for the Lord and His Kingdom shine through and I think they are what made me fall for him. 

Favorite song to rock out to?
Right now it's Sweet Nothing by Calvin Harris and Florence Welch. Florence has such great vocals. I get pumped up to run with her album Ceremonials.
_______ 


And now for the last part! My liebster friends: I truly feel terrible that I don't have more than four to recommend! I just looked through my bloglovin' and found that I have very few blogs under 200 followers whom I read enough to actually feel like I could call them my liebster!  But, that's the wonderful thing about this award. You find new blog-friends, you blog network expands, and that's what this is really about.



1. Jeanine Wayfaring Girl on a Mission2. Sarah @ Melted Crayons3. Sara @ The Lovely Lemon4. Anne @ Anne's Book Nook

What motivates you to blog? 
What was your favorite book growing up?
Romantic Comedies, mysteries, thrillers, dramas, or action? 
Where do you most like to vacation?
Beard or no beard? (on guys of course).
What are you looking forward to most this spring?
Do you read the directions or jump straight in and try figuring it out yourself?
Favorite baked good:
What pandora/songza/spotify station did you last listen to?
What do you do to get the "creative juices" flowing?
What is your favorite Easter candy?




  • About Katherine Wilson

    Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

    1 comment :

    1. Thank you so much for the nomination! I love you blog!

      ReplyDelete

    In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Follow by Email

    Translate

    Bloglovin' Friends!

    Follow on Bloglovin