Createsque

Find me:

Food Replicating



By   Katherine Wilson      8:06 PM      Labels: , , ,  
{ picture source: unknown! If it's yours, please let me know!}

You know, I have a sort of love hate relationship with Pinterest some days. Every five clicks I come across dead links and un-credited posts that seem to go on into infinity like when you face two mirrors toward each other. But every once in a while, the picture is enough to where I can replicate without the step-by-step instructions. See picture above.

Apparently some sort of taco/bean summer salad? Ok!
I see a leaf of cilantro, corn, tomatoes, lettuce, a creamy sauce...

Here's the "recipe" I came up with.

1 can black beans, rinsed, drained.
Frozen corn, thawed, and added in a smaller measurement than the beans.
1 Tomato, diced.
Three green onions, chopped.
About four stems of cilantro (you can do this to taste, I like my cilantro!)
Maybe, 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt.
1 tbps (or more?) taco seasoning
1/2 avacado cubed in 1/2 in. chunks. 
Salt/pepper to taste.

What you could experiment with:
Chicken
Some sort of southwest flavoring?
Lettuce

I ate mine topped with a Mexican cheese mix and scooped up with tortilla chips like it a nacho dish. I have a problem with anything you can scoop up with chips. Mango salsa, ranch dip, sausage velveeta rotel dip, oh my. At least what I made today was mostly healthy aside from the sodium and carbs from the chips! 

Happy munching! 



About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

No comments :

Post a Comment

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin