Createsque

Find me:

Spring Reads



By   Katherine Wilson      8:21 PM      Labels: , , , , , , , , ,  
{linen cabinet from IKEA, Hemnes}

~*~
{1} Dearie - Biography on Julia Child by Bob Spitz
{2} The Kitchen House - Historical novel by Kathleen Grissom
{3} The Elephant Keeper's Children - Novel by Peter Hoeg
{4} Love Life for Every Married Couple - Christian Marriage Counseling by Ed Wheat
{5} In the Kingdom of Men - Novel by Kim Barnes
{6} Loving the Way Jesus Loves - Christian Life by Phil Ryken
~*~

I have read Dearie, and truly enjoyed reading about Julia's childhood and her young adult years. I actually identified with her struggles in trying to find a vocation that fit her personality and motivations!
The Kitchen house is a stupendous book for history nerds. It reminds me of the help, and I found myself zipping through it because I couldn't wait to find out what would happen next. I just checked out The Elephant Keeper's Children, and In the Kingdom of Men, so I will have to get back to you with my thoughts on those. Both Love Life, and Loving the Way Jesus Loves are books I am currently reading and finding so good that I am already recommending them! Love Life is a biblical look at what love is, how we can better love to our spouses, and the fact that what God has brought together no man can put asunder. 

Have a good read friends! 








About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

No comments :

Post a Comment

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin