Createsque

Find me:

Sweater fears



By   Katherine Wilson      8:04 PM      Labels: , , , ,  
I have such a fear of sweaters. I can't seem to overcome it. I mean, it's a GARMENT. A piece of clothing. Way more involved than a pair of socks that get hidden by shoes, or a scarf that can be wrapped around your neck. Mistakes in a blanket are called "character". A mistake in a sweater is an awkward situation. 

"Dude, you've got a hole there..." 
"Oh yeah, my wife made this for me! Isn't it awesome!?" 
"Umm... yeaaaahhhh..."

There are so many amazing patterns out there, and such neat yarn. I could even get past the difficulty and try a boxy easy sweater like this one. But I am having a very large issue that is hard to get past. 

YARN is so expensive! 


A hobby that only involves a $4.00 skein for two little ankle socks is worth indulging. But one that requires at least $50-60 a pop for one project? Crimminie. Anyone want to donate to the cause of poor hobbyists? There are great options for cheap(er) projects at knit picks. But this makes me want to buy a sheep and keep it in the backyard. How often can you shear them? 

How do you justify spending money on your hobbies? Do you invest in making heirlooms, or skimp on the materials for a quickly gratifying piece? 
Responses hugely welcomed below! 
||
||
V

About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

No comments :

Post a Comment

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin