Createsque

Find me:

Seven year old Clunker



By   Katherine Wilson      4:36 PM      Labels: , , , , , , ,  

This not so flattering picture of me, is probably the best picture I have of this fall so far. I have been super busy taking on new responsibilities at work while we're short staffed this holiday season, and taking pictures in my new venture. Which... is a whole different experience off the bat than I anticipated. I have gotten by for the past two years on a now seven year old laptop, and probably should have taken that into consideration when starting this whole photo-taking stuff. But I jumped in, threw together a portfolio site, talked it up at work, and got two clients within a week. "This is awesome!" I thought, pondering all the things I wouldn't have to worry about during Christmas time with some extra income and maybe new found purpose besides the 8-5 drag. Well, I jumped in alright, and ended up stressing myself out. 

" HOW am I going to get the style I want in my pictures on a seven year old laptop!?" I almost cried about it. Though, I have to admit trying to convert raw pictures in picasa is enough to make many a grown woman cry. But I digress...

In comes the provision of the Lord in a time when T.W. and I were both in dire need of something. His computer had just bit the dust, and we were having to share the seven year old clunker. I edited my first client's photos in one weekend while T.W. was at a youth retreat so there wouldn't be any fuss over splitting the time between earning extra money and writing papers on the thing. The next client was going to be even more important though, and I was stressed out. There was a corporate meeting coming up at work, and history suggested that there would be a sizeable bonus. I was trying not to get my hopes up, while at the same time complaining how we were going to get by on one ancient computer. Well, the untrusting worries of my head were put to shame because where I work everyone was blessed equally with a sizable bonus, and T.W. and I both have new laptops that I hope to make last another seven years. I can now still entertain the idea of taking photos for people, and T.W. can write his papers without added stress. 

So as Thanksgiving comes up I have a lot to be thankful for. 
  • A job that takes care of its employees in multiple aspects. A new computer that fits exactly what I need to start delving into a side business. 
  • People who are willing to hire me to take their engagement/wedding/Christmas photos without much proof of expertise! 
  • A husband who has the means to get work done especially since exams and papers are about to start! 
  • And a God that provides in the eleventh hour to test my trust in Him. I stand humbled, and very glad. 
Remember. After Thanksgiving, be thankful. Make having a thankful heart something to pursue in the new year. It isn't just one day a year, it is an every day realization of what the Lord has done, is doing, and will do for us if we but trust in Him. 


About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

No comments :

Post a Comment

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin