Createsque

Find me:

2/18/14 Winter Weather



By   Katherine Wilson      8:01 PM      Labels: , , , , , , , , ,  



The past week has looked a lot like this. We had a bunch of snow and some ice in between layers of sleet and more snow last Wednesday, along with cancelled classes and work. I was let out for two days straight, and T.W. didn't go to class all week! Which meant a lot of time spent together... indoors. We went out in the elements to see our town transformed into a winter blizzard-land, and rationed milk since I had only bought one gallon before the snow came. Saturday we busted out of the house into the melting mush and Sunday decided that being together almost 24/7 for 5 days was too much. I could tell that I have made it to adulthood. I didn't want the snow. Unless I knew I was going to get out of work. 

Sad? Maybe. But really, in the south with only one snowplow per county, and small stores of salt, I wasn't looking forward to traveling among the wanna-be weather storm chasers that like to blaze up and down the main route to work. I had to report in to my job on Friday, but T.W. drove me. It barely felt like Valentines day what with all the hoopla over the snow, but we made it a special evening by going out to Chick-fil-a for dinner. (With a free meal coupon, and me in my frumpy work clothes) Another exhibit of evidence that I have reached adulthood. Or the reality that we are dirt poor this time of the month. 

What did you do this past week? Did you brave the elements? Or do you live in a sunny balmy area that I would love to come and visit you at? Did you smooch your Valentine in a Chick-fil-a or a snazzy restaurant? It doesn't matter where you celebrate the love of your life, just cherish the moments, and no matter what make a memory. They last longer than the roses and chocolate. Especially the chocolate.

Sie Lieben es,
(love to you)

Kate

About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

2 comments :

  1. that top photo with the teal is sublime! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I love colored doors, they make the best photos!

      Delete

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin