Createsque

Find me:

Who Do I Lean On?



By   Katherine Wilson      11:44 AM      Labels: , , , ,  

The saddest thing I have seen  in a while came across my instagram feed and it made me want to somehow buy a plane ticket and show up on their door step. I probably would have made the trip in vain. The door would probably be shut in my face, and I would have spent hundreds of dollars for a big disappointment. But here is what I wish I could have said to the person who posted this:







My dear, you are completely right that you should not lean on anyone for your happiness. The things of this life are going to fall apart and fail you eventually. Especially people! But the ironic thing is, we are not our own person, AND we are called to love every single person we come across. However, you have not actually begun your life. Your life begins once you realize that you are missing something in your life, and you realize that Christ is the only one who can fill that gaping hole in your life.

He is the only one you can lean on, rely on, and find a source of peace and happiness. No person on earth can fill this hole because we are all sinners. I am, you are, so is the person sitting next to you in the coffee shop where you are reading this. This is why we are all hurting in one way or another. This is why people spend so much money on material possessions, or start going to yoga classes for meditation. Or try to stop spending money and make everything in their house from scratch. We are trying to find purpose. And there is a reason why.

Our purpose is not to make ourselves happy, or to make other people happy. Our purpose plainly put is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever. Not just now, but when we go to be with him eternally after we die! He is a loving, just, Father to find a source of comfort in when the world feels like a giant whirlwind of disappointment, stress, pain, and what he asks in return is to show the same love He has for us towards others. So even when there is pain in life, and we struggle to forgive those who have hurt us, we have the source of strength to forgive because He pardons us wholly when we ask him to.

I am so glad that you have come to the realization that you are not to lean on any man, woman, or child. I pray that you will find the ultimate source of Joy. However, there are apologies to make, and there are excuses that we make to avoid these apologies. It’s all because we are broken people. Every single one of us. My dear, I pray that you find what you are searching for, and that nothing else satisfies you until you find it. Him. The One. Your Savior.



_____

In your search you may turn to books, and I really recommend this one!

Love, Kate



About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

No comments :

Post a Comment

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin