Createsque

Find me:

Here's to the waves.



By   Katherine Wilson      10:17 PM      Labels: , , ,  



The tree is up and decorated, I have blankets all over me, a space heater running and our lovely neighbors - an art studio downstairs- are blasting all about that bass. I have a tummy full of chocolate peanut butter ice cream, and T.W. is studying for the last two exams of his seminary career. 

Tomorrow is his last day of seminary. 

Wait. Am I really writing this? Will it all be a dream when I wake up in the morning? Like so many other mornings where he's off to class and some days where he doesn't get home til after 8? I think... we have reached the end of this tunnel! 

I'll spare all the minute details of four years of Tom being in seminary. Suffice it to say there has been many a day where I felt like I was second or third fiddle. Yeah cheese-ball analogy. But it's true! Being married to a guy who is in masters level classes for four years straight while you earn the main source of household income isn't fun! I don't know how many pastor's wives you know, and I don't know exactly what scenario their seminary years looked like, but when you look at them I am ready to bet that you are looking at a marital relationship that was forged in the fire. Whether that fire was years and years of school part time while he worked full time and she worked as well, or whether it was three quick years with a couple of babies that came along the way while he worked full time and went to class full time, and she worked full time as well! There are loads of other couples who have gone through grad school, medical school, law school, you name it. Any time a spouse is in school it's like being a mistress. Or mister...? Wow I'll leave that alone...

From all I've read the first few years of marriage are tough anyway, so we threw seminary into the mix and decided to make it even harder on ourselves, willing to get this done because T.W,'s call is strong and all signs have been pointing forward. Forward...while I've cried myself to sleep wondering how we were going to pay for unexpected emergencies that would have been a drop in the bucket if T.W. were working full time. I've come home after working 9 hours with the public while he got to sit and read all day. And I have learned a lot. I mean a lot. About sacrifice. Some of us have smooth uneventful lives, but you know what, the saying is true. 

Printable - Inspirational Quote Art - "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor." - English Proverb

Here's to the waves. 


About Katherine Wilson

Katherine is your typical white female who likes pumpkin spice lattes, anything fall scented, and the color 'mint'. But She also is the wife of a seminary student and a woman who strives to live a creative life for the glory of her maker. Now ain't that somethin' different?

No comments :

Post a Comment

In this fast world we live in I know it sometimes takes a lot to stop and comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave a note! It truly makes my day!


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Translate

Bloglovin' Friends!

Follow on Bloglovin